Thursday, June 21, 2007

Glenn Beck wouldn't want a Jewish president...

Media Matters - Beck wouldn't vote for Lieberman for president "because of the way the Middle East would use it"

On the May 10 edition of his nationally syndicated radio show, CNN host Glenn Beck said that he "wouldn't vote for [Sen.] Joe Lieberman [I-CT] as president ... because of the way the Middle East would use it," but also asserted, "That's not saying the same thing as I wouldn't vote for a Jew for president." He did not explain the distinction he drew between asserting that he would not vote for Lieberman, who is Jewish, and asserting that he wouldn't vote for any Jew for president. He stated that although he believes Lieberman "knows how to fight this war," and "even if I didn't disagree with him on so many social issues," he would refrain from voting for him because of the "complications it would add in this country or on the planet right now."

From the May 10 edition of Premiere Radio Networks' The Glenn Beck Program:

...

BECK: Now, I have said on this program, "I would not vote for Joe Lieberman as president of the United States." I think Joe Lieberman knows how to fight this war. I think Joe Lieberman really gets it. However, even if I didn't disagree with him on so many social issues, I wouldn't vote for Joe Lieberman at this time because of the complications it would add in this country or on the planet right now because of the way the Middle East would use it. That's not saying the same thing as I wouldn't vote for a Jew for president.



(...it isn't?

No comments:

CONTACT

adamhollandblog [AT] gmail [DOT] com
http://www.wikio.com