Monday, October 27, 2008

McCain advisor Niall Ferguson no longer supports him for presidency...

...now that he's had an opportunity to compare the two in action.

from Clive Davis' blog at The Spectator: Niall Ferguson: no longer one of the Friends of John

The historian had originally signed up as a foreign policy advisor to the McCain campaign. He's now bailed out:

"I must say that since he won the nomination, which I was very happy about, I've played virtually no role. In fact, I've played no role. Because, uh" - he is suddenly, uncharacteristically halting - "how to describe it? - I felt much less ... enthused, I think is probably the word, now that it's between him and Obama. And I felt much more uncomfortable with some of the positions he has had to take in order to secure the conservative vote."

No comments:

CONTACT

adamhollandblog [AT] gmail [DOT] com
http://www.wikio.com