Only 35 people showed up tonight to hear Gilad Atzmon speak and play sax at a fundraiser for a group called U.S. Boat to Gaza - West which is planning to participate in a prospective Gaza flotilla. The sparsely attended event was held in the sanctuary of the Lake Merritt Methodist Church in Oakland, California, which has a capacity of 250.
I called the church earlier today to ask why they thought it appropriate to host someone with Atzmon's extensive record of bigoted commentary. I have not yet heard back from them.
- Christians for Fair Witness on the Middle East
- Editor and Publisher
- Harry's Place
- History News Network
- Hungarian Spetrum
- Inside Higher Ed
- Jeffrey Goldberg
- Jerusalem Post
- Jerusalem Report
- Jewish Currents magazine
- Matthias Kuentzel
- Moment Magazine Blog
- Norman Geras
- Point of No Return (Jewish Refugees)
- Southern Poverty Law Center Blog
- Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Report
- Talk to Action
- Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (SICSA)
- Vos iz neias?