A diplomatic cable released by Wikileaks showed that US diplomats were concerned with anti-Semitism in the Vatican.
"Despite the real progress" under Pope John Paul II, some still "manifested remnants of anti-Semitic sentiments," according to the cable from 2002.
"An older desk officer of French origin" complained that America's "strong interest in modern European anti-Semitism stemmed from the 'excessive influence of Jews in your media and government.'" Another official said that lawsuits against the Holy See "were the result of 'Jewish judges having too much influence.'"
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wikileaks: Vatican shows 'remnants of anti-Semitism'
from the Jerusalem Post:
- Christians for Fair Witness on the Middle East
- Editor and Publisher
- Harry's Place
- History News Network
- Hungarian Spetrum
- Inside Higher Ed
- Jeffrey Goldberg
- Jerusalem Post
- Jerusalem Report
- Jewish Currents magazine
- Matthias Kuentzel
- Moment Magazine Blog
- Norman Geras
- Point of No Return (Jewish Refugees)
- Southern Poverty Law Center Blog
- Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Report
- Talk to Action
- Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (SICSA)
- Vos iz neias?